If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Monday, December 7, 2020

Prang Watercolours

 Now I was lucky enough to have just stumbled across these paints and thought to give them a quick review. First off these are Kids/Student Paints something just to play with the colours look really bright in the pallet but I did find them lacking when painted I painted out the quick Swatch test
(Used Canson XL to test them on) 

The Orange and Red I found really muted so I went over them again for a 2nd time you will need to do a bunch of layers to get an impact from some . The Black is a good matte black and the darker colours  I found do granulate just a touch which I found surprising for sure. The brush that was provided would make a great lets add some water to paper but does seem to loose it bristles quickly so I would have a better one hanging around and toss that one. So here is the quick Swatch test they are transparent which is great. 


Myself I wouldn't really use just because I've moved up to professional ones but these would be ok for kids and newbies that want to get their feet wet for sure 
Now it wouldn't be fair unless I did a little picture up with them and let you see that no matter what paints you own you can make a pretty picture with them all.


Pros - Not a break the bank buy and I would buy for a beginner 
Great for starting and just playing around 
Come in a handy little case with room for a brush 
Paint is activated quickly with little water 
The Pallet Paints can be replaced easy pop in and out Rearrange them too 
 or refill with higher quality paints Once used up 
The Colours are all easily blend easy together 

Cons - Student Paints  but decent quality 
Colours can be muted and require a few layer of paint to get bold colours for some of them 
But will be helpful to learn about layering for sure 
Did notice that that while painting this semi dry paint was easily lifted off when trying to layer, i was okay with that as it was easily reapplied and did allow a very interesting texture hidden in the picture 

Price Point $10-$15 Cad Depending on where you look 
Plus you can occasional find them cheaper if you look around 

Thanks for popping in 
Hugs Nikki



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget