If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crackled Ornament

Well I thought I would try making a Cracked Ornament with my stamp from SOME ODD GIRL even have a monthly link up to show off their stamps too.
 I have a few for my own tree at home, I love them but I did learn a few things about crackle effect  on a card.  I made a red ornament (matching her hair) then used the crackle on top let it dry came back to a neon Bright orange ornament and so I went over it all over again with a red marker to remake it red which it did but it's a bright red instead of dark. Now I'm, happy with how it turned out. Next time I'll guess I'll try sealing in the colours first.
Challenges
City Crafter - Christmas in July 7/28
Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Christmas in July 7/29
Holly Jolly Christmas - Deck the Halls 7/29
Lil Red Wagon - Christmas in July 7/30
Papertake Weekly - Jolly Holiday 7/29
CHCCE - Anything Xmas 8/1
CHPP - Pattern Paper 8/1
Kreativeinkauf - Holiday


Stamp -Some Odd Girl,Recollections.
Dies - Spellbinder,Whimsy
Punch EK Success.
Inks - Shinhan
Crackle Clear Paint.
thanks for looking
hugs Nikki 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper July challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Using the crackle accents was a cool idea. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, absolutely adorable!! Love your cracked ornament. Thanks for joining our Deck the Halls challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never to early to make a christmas card! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true what they say...you live and learn! It turned out fab though and the crackle effect is brilliant :-) And I do love her red hair too!

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly This week!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl for our July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - a really cute image. I've had the same problem with a red Promarker and Glossy Accents! If you start with a darker red colour, it works much better.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget