If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Monday, October 15, 2012

May Art's/Helmars Glue "Ink it"Challenge

"INK IT CHALLENGE" They had 25 spots open for those to use 4-5 of these ribbons I choose the suede leaves,mini pom poms, canvas and net ribbon from May Arts Ribbons. My idea was a mini Box with a pincushion on top to have beside my sewing machine and I could also toss in little things inside my bobbins work perfectly. So I took a little Pre-made box which I picked up at Micheals and made a felt pillow and stuffed it full of felt so my pins have something to go in. With my base all done now I can decorate it all up so it can hold all my little things plus this can double as a cute homemade gift box.
So Here's all my Steps that I've gone Though
1. I've glued on the little felt pillow I created on my sewing machine and glued it on using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue
2. Suede Leaves Ribbon (it's so soft I just wanna rub it all day) Cut them individually
then each one hand coloured with Shinhan Touch Markers
 3. You'll notice that I did colour both sides, I left one light for you
to see that you should colour both sides up. Don't worry about the
bad sewing job that won't be seen it's just to hold the shape of my flower
4. Added in More Shades of darker yellow and little orange
in lines coming out from the center this was done once the flower was attached
5. Now take the Mini Pom Pom Ribbon and roll them up tight forming a circle
try to keep all the Mini Pom Pom Ribbon so the Pom Poms are on top using the lower half of the ribbon to glue together using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue and it is perfect for this.
6. Colouring in the Center with a browns and deep reds to give the effect
of shades. Colour the flower using Inks and Markers to create a varied effect I did this by just pressing the whole flower center into the lightest ink pad which it didn't cover perfectly but I wanted it to be varied then I just tapped it on darker colours and dabbed in my markers to add even more depth.
7. Now using the Canvas Ribbon and the Net Ribbon I've decorated the whole box with it.This box was perfect for the ribbons too matching the width of them the Net Ribbon runs above and below the Canvas Ribbon one I've glued it all down with Helmars Quick Dry Glue . I've Hand stamped the Canvas ribbon with an Inkadinkao Stamp and hand painted the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
Using the Helmar's Glue on the net ribbon is amazing it holds it down just perfectly
With no fuss and you can't even see it WOW !! but you know it's there lol
8. Humm Something is missing
Ahh I know this flower needs leaves and a little bee buzzing
Next I cut out some leaves with the Net ribbon then placed them
on top of my Tim Holtz Pad (Peeled Paint) with a little sponge tapped
both sides till they where a nice dark green then attached them under the flower
using Helmer's Quick Dry Glue again  
 the bee I had to sew on in place so he wouldn't fly away
So here it is all finished May Arts Ink It Challenge Project
may this inspire you to create a new pincushion
Thanks to May Arts and Helmar for this wonderful challenge
I had a lot of fun creating this and here they are together
 
Now if you have the time go check out
what everyone else has done and Vote for your Fave :)

 thanks for looking
hugs Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I love this box! It turned out so cute and what a handy way to store sewing stuff with the pincushion for the top. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget